Thursday, June 24, 2010

$money - The Verse

In my last post I've added bassline to the skeletal loop of this song. Here's a recap of how it sounds like.

Chorus drumloop (with meaner bass) by jasonong

Now usually I'll envision the chorus of a song first. It's usually the high point of the song so naturally when I'm jotting down memorable melodies of a song it's gonna be the chorus. So let's set the bars above as the chorus.

The Loop

Now it's time to extend the track beyond just a loop into a verse. Using the beats created in the chorus, I've managed to tone it down to a similar but simpler version that seems to complement with a "Jay Chou-ish" (JC) rap that I'm hearing in my head.

The Bassline

Using the "rap" as a focal point, I was also able to write down a simple 4 bar melody for the bassline. This bassline is very much more melodic than the chorus. Reason being I wanted a a-tonal "gangsta" rap in the chorus juxtaposed with a melodic rap in the verse where the latter was made famous by JC in chinese music (I THINK, SO DON'T QUOTE ME).

Here's an unpolished product of 8 bars verse + 8 bars chorus and a little DJ scratch in between. Good enough for real looping ;)

Money - Verse + Chorus (1st draft) by jasonong

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home