Monday, June 14, 2010

$money - Big Bottoms

Bass is the unsung hero of any song. It's there, you feel it but it doesn't sticks out trying to grab your attention. When was the last time you hum out the bass line of a song?

Putting the bass line for my skeletal loop was easy. Most of the notes should coincide with accents in the song to help give some punch. The rest are just fill ins to help drive the rhythm along.

Here's the drum track with a simple bass line using a bass sample that I thought sounded mean.

Chorus drumloop (with bass) by jasonong

But it's a bit too vanilla so I'll just throw in some EQ and compression to boost the lows and give it more punch. I'm not the best person to speak on the audio manipulation techniques because my strength's are in music arrangement, not audio production.

Chorus drumloop (with meaner bass) by jasonong

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home