Sunday, June 13, 2010

$money - The Stabs

In my previous post I was laying down the skeleton of a "gangsta" wannabe loop ringing in my head. But it's just a vanilla loop at this point. Let's make it more "gangsta" sounding with some stabs (pun intended).

Browsing through the midi keyboard sounds on my Studio One's Presence plugin, I found an orchestral keyboard that would sound rad as stabs. Here's my initial draft.

Chorus drumloop (with stabs) by jasonong

It was fine till I started nitpicking at the sustained stab section which although sounded nice with this vanilla loop, didn't quite go well with the rap syncopation that I've been hearing in my head. Thus I decided to tweak it to have more hits.

Chorus drumloop (with stabs) 2 by jasonong

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Angeline Tan said...

Man, love your music!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home